Heat Dissipation Technology
- ΔT<30° for all LED products
- Proven Data from official organization
- Proper Junction Temperature Control
- Ensure customers long Life products
There are two major sources in the LED light fixture. One is from the LED light source itself, and the other is in the AC to DC converter.
It is very critical factor to use external heat dissipation structures. GigaTera’s luminaries design is based on thermal control techniques to enhance natural convection when considering optical and thermal design.
- The junction temperature of the LED light source is kept below 149°F (65°C). Theoretically, in order for the LED to achieve a life span of over 50,000 hours the junction temperature should be below 176°F (80°C)
- Heat sources like the transformer and FET of the driver are designed with aheat dissipating mechanical structure to keep the tempe-rature difference(ΔT) between the inside lead and outside temperature not more than 86°F (30°C).
- As is commonly known, air flows from cold to hot. GigaTera maximizes this natural convection at the level of fixture design utilizing, for example, it uses an optimal mechanical structure for a vertically positioned LED module.